Still need to register for VISAWUS 2018: Victorian Futures? Please use the form below.
Hotel information can be found below the form.
The conference will be held at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel. This is a link to the hotel’s website.
You can also call 1-760-322-6000 to make your reservation. The conference rate is $156/night, and this rate is available 11/7/18—11/11/18. We encourage you to please book your rooms at the conference hotel and to do so as soon as possible. The rate is much better than what you will find at comparable Palm Springs hotels.
Registration for Victorian Futures, the 23rd Annual Conference of the Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of the Western United States (VISAWUS) November 8-10, 2018 in Palm Springs, CA.
Please fill out the PayPal Form below. When you click “Add to Cart” you will be taken to PayPal to complete your transaction. If you prefer to fill out a paper form and send us a check by mail, the paper form is here.
Don’t forget that all presenters must also be VISAWUS members. You can join here at our membership page. (Link opens in a new page.)
The 2014 VISAWUS will take place at California Sate University, Fullerton in Fullerton, CA, which is in the Los Angeles area. Conference Dates are October 16-18, 2014.
The conference hotel is the Marriott at CSUF. Our conference rate is $119/night and it’s available Oct. 15, 16, 17, and 18. Please use the following link to book the group rate:
Book your group rate: Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association
. The last day to book and receive the group rate is 9/25/14.
Options for flying to Fullerton, CA:
John Wayne Airport
- Small, clean, very easy to get into and out of, and only 30 minutes from campus (20 minutes, if there’s no traffic).
- Rental car and shuttle information for John Wayne Airport.
- Big, hectic, etc., but about an hour away from campus.
- Direct flights from most areas.
- Rental Car and shuttle information for LAX
Options for taking the Train to Fullerton, CA
Public transportation options in and around Fulletron, CA.
- Metro is the Los Angeles area’s public transportation provider. Metro’s site has a trip planner that will help you decide if public transportation is a viable option for you.
- Map of the California State University, Fullerton campus.
- October is typically quite warm in Southern California, so the weather should be good for exploring local attractions. California Sate University, Fullerton is only about 20-25 minutes from the beach; Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are the closest, but if you’re willing to drive a bit further (45 minutes), Crystal Cove and Salt Creek Beach are beautiful. Disneyland is about 10 minutes from campus and, with light traffic, downtown LA is about 35-40 minutes from campus.
- The Fullerton Arboretum is on campus. The Arboretum is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily.
- Map (PDF) of attractions and dining in the Los Angeles area.
- 100 Free Things to Do in Los Angeles.