Update on VISAWUS 2020: Victorian Transitions, planned for October 15-17, 2020 in Reno, NV.
We have postponed the conference until October 2021.
We will accept new or revised abstract submissions through April 1, 2021: http://www.visawus.org/?page_id=12. If your paper was accepted we will hold it for the 2021 date.
We hope that everyone remains healthy and safe.
The VISAWUS 2020 Committee
The 2014 VISAWUS will take place at California Sate University, Fullerton in Fullerton, CA, which is in the Los Angeles area. Conference Dates are October 16-18, 2014.
The conference hotel is the Marriott at CSUF. Our conference rate is $119/night and it’s available Oct. 15, 16, 17, and 18. Please use the following link to book the group rate:
Book your group rate: Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association
. The last day to book and receive the group rate is 9/25/14.
Options for flying to Fullerton, CA:
John Wayne Airport
- Small, clean, very easy to get into and out of, and only 30 minutes from campus (20 minutes, if there’s no traffic).
- Rental car and shuttle information for John Wayne Airport.
- Big, hectic, etc., but about an hour away from campus.
- Direct flights from most areas.
- Rental Car and shuttle information for LAX
Options for taking the Train to Fullerton, CA
Public transportation options in and around Fulletron, CA.
- Metro is the Los Angeles area’s public transportation provider. Metro’s site has a trip planner that will help you decide if public transportation is a viable option for you.
- Map of the California State University, Fullerton campus.
- October is typically quite warm in Southern California, so the weather should be good for exploring local attractions. California Sate University, Fullerton is only about 20-25 minutes from the beach; Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are the closest, but if you’re willing to drive a bit further (45 minutes), Crystal Cove and Salt Creek Beach are beautiful. Disneyland is about 10 minutes from campus and, with light traffic, downtown LA is about 35-40 minutes from campus.
- The Fullerton Arboretum is on campus. The Arboretum is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily.
- Map (PDF) of attractions and dining in the Los Angeles area.
- 100 Free Things to Do in Los Angeles.