The 2014 VISAWUS will take place at California Sate University, Fullerton in Fullerton, CA, which is in the Los Angeles area. Conference Dates are October 16-18, 2014.
The conference hotel is the Marriott at CSUF. Our conference rate is $119/night and it’s available Oct. 15, 16, 17, and 18. Please use the following link to book the group rate: Book your group rate: Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association . The last day to book and receive the group rate is 9/25/14.
Options for flying to Fullerton, CA:
John Wayne Airport
- Small, clean, very easy to get into and out of, and only 30 minutes from campus (20 minutes, if there’s no traffic).
- Rental car and shuttle information for John Wayne Airport.
- Big, hectic, etc., but about an hour away from campus.
- Direct flights from most areas.
- Rental Car and shuttle information for LAX
Options for taking the Train to Fullerton, CA
- Amtrack has a number of routes arriving in Los Angeles’s Union Station. Please check Amtrack’s list of routes.
- Rental car and shuttle information for Los Angeles’s Union Station.
Public transportation options in and around Fulletron, CA.
- Metro is the Los Angeles area’s public transportation provider. Metro’s site has a trip planner that will help you decide if public transportation is a viable option for you.
- Map of the California State University, Fullerton campus.
- October is typically quite warm in Southern California, so the weather should be good for exploring local attractions. California Sate University, Fullerton is only about 20-25 minutes from the beach; Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are the closest, but if you’re willing to drive a bit further (45 minutes), Crystal Cove and Salt Creek Beach are beautiful. Disneyland is about 10 minutes from campus and, with light traffic, downtown LA is about 35-40 minutes from campus.
- The Fullerton Arboretum is on campus. The Arboretum is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily.
- Map (PDF) of attractions and dining in the Los Angeles area.
- 100 Free Things to Do in Los Angeles.